Steak & avOcado wrap
I’m a working woman with an 8 to 5 job, and I enjoy my sleep. But during Ramadhan (fasting month for Muslims) I won’t be fully functional in the day if I don’t eat a full breakfast in the morning! But since I don’t want to spend so much time making food in the wee hours of the morning, I came up with a few recipes that are max-packed with protein and other good stuff to get me through the day.
Here’s a quick recipe of a really, really good wrap that takes minutes to prepare (even less if you make the avocado smash the night before), and is proven to give me less hallucinations of a car-sized burger walking around at lunch time.
Here’s what you need:
A ripe avocado (you know this when the skin is blackened)
A good sized steak (around 300 gm should be enough for 2 people)
1 chilli (optional)
Hot sauce (optional)
Here’s what you do:
1. To make the avocado smash, cut up the avocado and scoop out all the flesh in a bowl.
2. Season generously with salt and pepper, add in some chopped chili if you have any.
3. Squeeze in some lemon juice and mash together with fork.
4. Put the pan on high heat. Season steak with salt and pepper, drizzle over some olive oil.
5. Place the meat on the hot pan for 3 minutes on one side, then 2 minutes on the other.
6. Remove meat from heat and let rest for a couple minutes. Meanwhile, spread the avocado smash on the tortilla wrap.
7. Cut the steak at an angle, then arrange on tortilla.
8. Eat. I think you have ten more minutes to go.