You'll need a whisk, and a bowl. A measuring cup is preferred, but if you don't have any, guesstimation is fine. This is the master recipe for basic, fluffy pancakes, like the ones in IHOP. God, IHOP. I love that place.
Once you’ve mastered this basic recipe, feel free to add your own layer of imagination. Throw a handful of berries, maybe? How about some chopped nuts? A douse of maple syrup and some butter is amazing enough, but you can always grill some bananas in a pan with some butter and sugar to go with the pancakes to take it up a notch.
What You Need:
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp bicarbonate soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/4 cups buttermilk
2-3 tbsp melted butter
2 tbsp sugar
What You Do:
1. Sift the flour, bicarbonate soda and baking powder and salt together.
2. Beat the egg with a whisk until it’s pale yellow. Add the buttermilk and whisk again.
3. Add the sifted flour and mix. Do not overmix, a few lumps are fine. This is what gets the pancakes fluffy.
4. Add the melted butter and sugar to combine.
5. Heat a non-stick griddle. Add a ladle of the pancake mix. Turn when bubbles begin to form on the surface.
6. Eat immediately.
7. You can keep the batter in the fridge for another day, it will last for about a week.