This recipe is a wonderful celebration of fresh fragrant Asian herbs. Crispy tofu in a fragrant lemongrass stir-fry, made more abundant with meaty mushrooms, sugarsnap peas and some soba noodles to carry all those flavours through.
This one makes 2 servings.
What You Need:
2 Firm tofus
2 large handfuls Mushrooms, chopped (shitake or king oyster)
1 large handful Sugarsnap peas, sliced into halves
1 Red Onion, thinly sliced
1 Red Chili, sliced
2 stalks Lemongrass, thinly sliced
1 handful Thai Basil
1 tbsp vegan oyster sauce
2 tbsp light soy
1 tbsp thick soy
1 tsp tumeric powder
Sesame and cooking oil
What You Do:
1. First, the crispy tofu. To do this, crumble them in a bowl to resemble coarse minced meat. Sprinkle some tumeric powder. Cook in air-fryer/oven, 180 degrees for 20 mins, or until golden and crispy.
2. Meanwhile, boil some water and pop in the soba noodles. They take literally 2 mins to cook. Drain. Toss in some sesame oil. Plate.
3. In a large pan, heat 1 tbsp cooking oil and add the chopped mushrooms. Cook until they are slightly browned and softened. Remove from pan.
4. Add 1 tbsp oil, and add onion, chili, lemongrass. Cook until fragrant, and onion is transluscent.
5. Add sugarsnap peas and the cooked mushrooms. Add the crispy tofu. Stir for a minute, then add the vegan oyster, light soy and thick soy sauces.
6. If it looks a little dry, add a splash of water. But remember this is a stir fry, not soup. Add the thai basil leaves in the final minute.
7. Pour this heavenly fragrant mix onto your soba noodles.
8. Best enjoyed while watching The Kardashians (especially the episode where they are all eating salads. which is basically every episode.)