Pancakes, but make them healthy.
I love treats like pancakes on Sunday mornings especially, but sometimes a girl just needs to eat healthier, and this fulfills my pancake cravings without all that butter, white sugar, and white flour.
This pancake only uses 3 main ingredients, and only requires a blender, which in many ways makes this a lot easier to do than traditional pancakes.
If you're feeling extra, you can make the quick berry compote to eat them with, but otherwise, a dollop of peanut butter, or yoghurt, or plain maple syrup will do just fine.
This recipe makes 1 stack of 3 small pancakes.
What You Need:
1 ripe banana
1 large egg
4 tbsp quick/express oats
Pinch of salt
Optional (for the syrup);
1 handful frozen berries
1 tbsp maple syrup, or honey
2 tbsp water
What You Do:
1. In a blender, whizz the banana, egg, oats and salt until you get a smooth batter.
2. Heat a large flat pan, with a tiny drizzle of oil.
3. Pour the batter into the pan to make 3 small pancakes.
4. Turn pancakes aftet 2 mins, or browned.
5. If making the quick compote, in a small, non-stick pot, heat the frozen berries, honey/maple syrup and water until you get a syrupy consistency, and pour on top of the stacked pancakes in your plate.
6. Enjoy without feeling an ounce of guilt.