Preparing to do some manufacturing inspecting work like a boss.
Kinda looks like a 'Transformer' like thing, doesn't it?
Moments before the hurricane.
I went for a job assignment yesterday. Here is a story of how the day started off badly…and it didn’t end there.
1. I had an early flight in the morning, so I had to wake up at 4 in the morning and take a cab to the airport. I slept at 11 p.m. with the hopes that I will get at least 5 hours of sleep. But a stupid dog ended up barking/howling/screaming/turning into a werewolf outside my window all night long, and that was how my beauty sleep idea went down the hill.
2. My hijab brooch dropped and fell on the floor. Was not able to retrieve it because it was too small to find. It was my ONLY hijab brooch that I had. Went around the airport to find a brooch shop, but failed.
3. Checked into the plane and realized that I had left my own bag at the check-in lounge. Ran out like a crazy chick to get it back.
4. Arrived at the place of work, realized that I left my socks. I would need to wear some steel-cap boots for work, but I would die with blisters on my feet if I had no socks. So I frantically had to search for a socks shop.
5. Down with work. On the way back to the airport, saw some factory outlet stores, decided to make a pitstop. Got carried away.
6. About to pay for a new bag, but the credit card machine crashed. Had to wait for an extra 15 minutes. Already late for the flight.
7. Got into the car to go to the airport. Male colleagues already pissed off with the ladies’ lateness.
8. A hurricane (what?? A hurricane? Now?) blew in. Like a ‘2012’ movie scene. Trees fell along the street, palm leaves flew from all directions. A large tree fell right across the road. We were stuck. Twenty more minutes till final call for flight.
9. Called airline. No, they could not delay the flight for us. Waited for help. Nobody came. We all went out in the middle of the hurricane and tried to remove the tree. It took a rope, some saw and lots of people to finally get it out of the way.
10. Got at the airport, just in a nick of time for the final call.
11. Sat in plane, soaking wet all the way home. I smelled like sweat and grass. Sorry, lady-sitting-next-to-me.
12. Arrived in Kuala Lumpur. Got stuck in a traffic jam.
Needless to say, as I arrived home, I slept for nine hours straight. And the dog was no longer there (otherwise I would’ve shot that damn thing with my BB gun).